Online Orientation >> Orientation Program >> Contractor Orientation Checklist
Contractor Orientation Checklist
A contractor orientation checklist is used to ensure that important site specific safety materials, policies, procedures and job activity materials are read and understood by contractor before they begin their job task or activity in the workplace.
It typically involves a mixture of ensuring acknowledgement and awareness of these important safety and facility management areas and formally going through a consistent orientation in order to be fully ready and verified to work on site as a contractor.
There are different types of contractor check lists from pre-start to site safety.
Contractor Pre-start Checklist
A pre-start checklist is an online check to ensure the contractor has acknowledged, is prepared and job ready across a range of safety and site specific areas. Commonly they'll go through a pre-star checklist consisting of:
- do they have the right evidence of training and certifications
- are they insured for the job task or activity
- have they uploaded relevant tickets
- acknowledgement of important safety materials
- acknowledgement of site procedures
Contractor Site Checklist
When a contractor arrives on site, they need to go through important site specific check list items ranging from site access, plant and equipment, first aid, site layout, hazards, how to report an incident and more.
- Location: photos and GPS,
- specific site layout,
- access notes
- specific site amenities
- first aid kit
- specific emergency service contact details in relation to the specific transmission site and locations
- asbestos on site, status and location
- site specific chemicals, management and location
- confined spaces at location
- phone coverage
- known environmental conditions at site
- flora, fauna and heritage at site
- lighting and emergency access lighting, night works
- Plant machinery
- Access to mast / climbing
- Installation of equipment
- New Hazards on site
Deliver a contractor checklist online
The easiest way to make ensure contractors understand and acknowledge a checklist is for them to do it online before they arrive on site. An online contractor checklist can be easily distributed to contractors on mass and they can access it 24/7 from home, on the way to their workplace or when needed.
Try creating your own contractor checklist
Try creating your own online using our checklist builder